Types of Investment
We focus on management buy-outs, acquisition, management buy-ins or expansion capital and providing succession solutions.
Wolseley’s strategy is to build and develop businesses that are capable of being listed via an IPO or within a 3 to 5 year period. We believe that our investee companies require scale, well communicated strategies and strong reporting and governance practices to be attractive IPO or trade sale candidates.
Our focus is on establishing these qualities during our ownership. We normally look at achieving these goals by the following methods:
- Industry Consolidation - Multiple acquisitions, with strategies designed to capture synergistic benefits and create a new competitive positioning for the business.
- Accelerated organic growth - Providing capital and focusing management on developing existing and new markets more aggressively through, for example, better targeted marketing, major account acquisition or international expansion.
- Operational improvement - Establishing appropriate cost structures, better asset utilisation, and capital spending that focuses on reducing costs and increasing revenue, and stronger, more empowered management.
Wolseley believes that strong, experienced managers make companies successful. Our investment can provide a succession solution for private companies in the form of:
- Management Buy-Out - Where we provide the financing solution for existing management teams that can pursue rapid growth strategies with increased operating autonomy and a meaningful equity ownership.
- Acquisition or Expansion Capital - Where we provide significant capital alongside the existing shareholders to fund significant organic or acquisitive growth.
- Management Buy-In - Where we provide finance for an experienced executive to invest in suitable companies. These executives are often part of our Bankable CEO© panel.